your partner in parenting
- Melanie grew-up in Brentwood, Los Angeles near the UCLA campus. She then matriculated to Lafayette College in Easton, PA, where she received a BA in Religion with a second concentration in Sociology and Anthropology. As an undergraduate, she completed a summer term at Trinity College, University of Oxford, England.
- Melanie McGrath, L.C.S.W. is a New York State Licensed Clinical Social Worker and certified Psychoanalyst with over 25 years experience working with families. She received her Masters of Science in Social Work from Columbia University.
- In her training as a Psychoanalyst, Melanie has followed her passion in infant research. She studied the pioneering works of Alessandra Piontelli, M.D., Myriam Szejer, M.D., Deborah Jackson, and Beatrice Beebe in early infant research. Additionally, Melanie is well-versed in the works of the pediatricians T.Berry Brazelton and D.W. Winnicott. She continues to study the new generation of leaders in pediatrics and research such as Dr. Harvey Karp.
- As a consultant for the Visiting Nurse Service of the Bronx and Manhattan since 1999, Melanie has provided in-services, workshops, supervision, and conducted Grand Rounds.
With over 30 years experience as both a Clinician and a Mom, Melanie assists Parents in
knowing and giving voice to their innate parental instincts
- As a Reiki Practitioner, Melanie has provided Reiki for patients in several NY Metropolitan Hospitals while collaborating with medical personnel. She also sees private clients for a variety of conditions.
- As an Adjunct Professor at the New York University Graduate School of Social Work from 1992-1999 Melanie taught courses on Human Development, Couple Life, and Group Work, and continues to supervise and teach educators in multiple disciplines and settings.
- Melanie maintains a private practice of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy for Individuals, Families, Couples, and Groups in Manhattan, New York.
- Most recently, Melanie conducted a 2014 summer workshop on "Integrated Health," in Berkeley, California.
Supporting Parents and Whispering with Babies is Melanie McGrath's joy!
© 2015 whisperingbaby.com